Tuesday, August 25, 2009

i suck at updating!

well, over a month later..

(i apologize)

i was able to start putting weight on my ankle on july 27th.. that week i could put 25% of my weight on it, followed by 50% - 75% - 100% in the next 3 weeks. before i could but 100% of my weight on that leg i did have to still use my crutches.. which sucked, but was better than hopping around all the time!

i had another doctor's appointment yesterday morning, at which i recieved the best news yet - i am healed! (well, kind of..)

my fractures are healed.. however, the joint is still very stiff. i've been soaking it and doing exercises with a theraband on evenings to help with my ankle's range of motion.. but still, it takes time. also, i was cleared to walk without my walking boot.. and it's awesome to be able to use BOTH of my shoes! granted, i am not walking normally (because of the pain) .. i am still limping slightly. and walking slowly..

but i am working on it. hopefully soon i will be back to 'normal'!

wish me luck... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment