Monday, July 13, 2009

freedom!

so, great news!

... the hard cast came off today! :)

the doctor's office was insane today.. it was their 1st day in a new office, so nobody knew what was going on. so what should have only taken about an hour actually ended up taking a total of 2 and a half hours.. on top of my appointment being an hour late. so i was there from 10am until almost 2pm, and i didn't even go back until around 11. but oh well. the waiting room was.. fun? tori went with me, so i did get entertained :)

the saw part was kind of creepy. "oh don't worry, this won't cut your skin" .. hmm, ok? so it can cut through a fiberglass cast.. but not skin? eech.. ok, lol.

they gave me a walking boot, even though i can't put any weight on my left leg for another 2 weeks (july 27th!! i'm so excited! LOL) but at least that will protect my ankle as i move about.. but i can take it off when i'm sleeping (sweet!) and showering (yessss! a washed leg! LOL) and it feels incredible to have air hitting my leg now!

so, for the gross stuff.. lol. there was a LOT of dead skin. i scratched my leg (a LOT) at the doctor's office (felt soooo good.. haha) and totally grossed out tori (haha) but most of it came off when i was soaking it tonight after work. i just look down, and see a bunch of stuff floating on top of the water.. gross? yeah..

i have to soak my ankle for 20 min in warm water before i do my 'exercises' twice a day.. basically, my ankle doesn't move right now. i can't flex it, and wearing the walking boot is very uncomfortable because i can't get my ankle to lay flat. it's kind of stuck at a slightly downward angle right now. but i know that's because of the screws that are going across it, so it will just take time i suppose. i have 2 weeks to get it to lay flat, lol, otherwise i can't start walking on the 27th.. =/

and, now for fun pictures! :)





the hard cast, once it had been split open














mmm dry skin much? (after scratching, lol)


















wow.. look at the size difference!















yes, i am a dork who kept a piece of her cast..

No comments:

Post a Comment