Monday, June 29, 2009

small update

so, today will be my 4th day back at work.. all is going well on that front. i can sit in my office chair with my foot propped up on an upside down box (LOL... sara labeled it 'leigh's foot stool' in sharpie so nobody would throw it out) with few problems. if it does get uncomfortable, i just take a couple of tylenol and then i'm good. :)

it's really nice to be back at work, so i'm not just sitting around the house all day long bored out of my skull.. can you believe i actually got sick of tv?? never thought that one would happen.. LOL!

you know, when all of this happened the only thing i could think of was 'SHIT! there goes my summer.. there goes my life for the next 3 or so months...' but maybe this was actually a good thing. i mean, a lot of worse things could have happened to me.. you know? but, in reality, this whole experience has actually turned out to be a good thing. i've had a lot of time to not only think about but actually DO some things that i've wanted to do for over a year now.. which might turn out to be another blog, who knows? plus, my friends have been so awesome with me.. coming to visit, taking me out places, calling to check up on me, etc. of course, if the situation were reversed i'd be doing the same thing for them.. that's what friends are for, right?

oh.. but to all my MD friends, i have some bad news.. =/ so, it turns out i will not be able to come home anytime soon.. i need to concentrate on my physical therapy once i can actually walk again, lol. i'm not willing to do ANYthing that might push it. this includes work (i really don't want to reinjure myself, thank you) and, sadly, driving 9 hours to go home. so, that kind of sucks. i was REALLY looking forward to seeing ally while she was in town, but.. *sigh.. maybe i'll just have to go back to italy next year, right? ;) perhaps i can schedule a trip home later this year.. once my ankle is back to normal. plus, i would feel realllly bad about asking for time off from work for that - after having a month off, LOL!

stupid ankle.. if this hadn't happened i would have already had those days off to go home, but oh well. =/ so, there are of course bad things about this whole leigh-broke-her-ankle deal.. but, like i said, overall it has actually been good :)

next appointment: july 13th! that is 2 weeks from today! so, that means that i might be halfway through the hard cast phase, lol. depending on my x-rays at that point, of course. but, well, here's hoping!

hmm, well i must get ready for work.. but i'll try to update again soon, pending things happening.. LOL!

1 comment:

  1. leigh,
    i just happened to stumble across your blog. i can completely relate to what you have been through! i broke my ankle in 2 places in Apr, and had to have surgery myself. i'm actually still in PT. i hope you have a speedy recovery! :)

    ReplyDelete