Monday, June 15, 2009

hard cast!

ok, so i got the hard cast put on my leg today.. that part didn't hurt, thank God! when the stitches were taken out it was kind of uncomfortable.. and as gross-ish as it was i still HAD to look. i was fascinated, LOL!

the doctor was really pleased with the way my ankle was looking in the x-rays, so he gave me some good news: i might only have to keep this cast on for 4 weeks, not the original 6 he had planned for!

so my next appointment is july 13th, and if the x-rays still look good then the hard cast can come off. now that the cast is on.. uh, short of re-injuring myself by falling or something how can it not be ok? *knocks on wood* .. anyways.

even if i can get my cast off in 4 weeks i can't walk for another 2 weeks after that (no weight/pressure). when i can finally start walking again it will only be a little bit at a time.. and with a walking boot. the doctor told me that the big screws (those 3 big lines in the picture) will eventually break once i am able to start moving my ankle around. this freaked me out a little bit, until he reassured me that they are supposed to do that (because it's a joint) and that i won't even feel it when it happens. also, he doesn't think he'll have to go in there and remove them.. they can just stay put. lol.. really? so i'll be annoying TSA because if i fly anywhere i'll be setting everything off.. haha! i will be getting a card to give them stating that i have metal in my ankle, and that means they just have to use the wand thing instead.

speaking of cards, after the doctor's i was able to run a few errands with dad.. including going to the dmv to get my handicapped parking tags! so now i get the good spots... rock on! the doctor said i could drive now, however i am still going to wait on that one .. don't want to push it, lol. but.. the best news i was given.. my doctor cleared my trip to maryland in august! now, work i'm not so sure of. i don't know when i'll be going back, and i would feel bad asking for that time off.. after having all THIS time off. i dunno. but, if i am able to go, i will have the boot for light walking.. but i'll mostly have to use the crutches and wheelchair, as once again.. i don't want to push it. but, as noted in my last post, i have gotten a LOT better with my mobility.

i'm hoping that i can go back home again today for a bit.. i want to play guitar hero again, LOL!

:)



the x-rays.. the white parts are the plate/8 screws (!!!!) holding everything together

my doctor told me this was a very serious injury, and one of the worst he had seen.. eech! way to go, leigh.. LOL










the stitches on the inside of my ankle, before they came out. and if you think this is gross, thank your lucky little stars that i didn't take a picture of the other side.. LOL!
















my pretty, blue, new hard cast! *PLEASE* only be there for 4 weeks...

















the border of the paper on the table. seriously? the bears are mocking me.. bastards.. >)

No comments:

Post a Comment